Now that Christmas is over, I’m sharing some of my New Years ideas for the kids. Gone are the days of getting all dressed up and going out for New Years. We’re all for staying home in our jammies and hanging out with the kids, trying to stay up until the ball drops. But let’s be honest, I’ll probably be in bed by 10pm.
Here are some fun ideas on how to ring in New Years with your kids.
(Plus download my free printable interview for your little ones)
Make some noisemakers
We recently made these little noisemakers and they were so easy to do together.
You will need :
– A plastic bulb ornament. ( I got mine from the Dollar Store).
– Glitter (got these on Amazon)
– Beads (I had found these on Amazon to make bracelets)
– Super glue
– Take the top part off of the ornament.
– Fill with beads and glitter.
– Cover the top with tape and put the top back on, super gluing (is that a word?) the rim.
– Tie a ribbon at the top and shake!
I saw this idea floating around on Pinterest to do every year on your children’s birthday but I think it could be done on New Years Eve too! I created this fun little interview to do with your kiddos. It would be fun to look back over the years and see some of the highlights.
Click the link below to download my printable version.
Download the printable here
New Years Eve we usually just do a bunch of snacky foods so we can pick throughout the night.
We love to make fun charcuterie boards especially for the kids.
I also love this idea for a milk and cookies toast at midnight with your little ones! So fun and they will feel like grown ups too!
Pin for later