This root beer float bar is perfect for your summer family fun nights or BBQs.
When I think of some of my favorite childhood summer memories I think of nights at the drive-in, ice cream for dinner, swimming in the pool and catching fireflies. I long to get back to those simple times and give my kids those summers that I had. Scroll down to see my root beer float bar and more vintage summer ideas from some of my friends. Every Friday night we have our Friday night pizza nights followed by a movie. In the summer if it’s a nice night we will set up an outdoor movie on the deck. I made this root beer float bar for a special treat during our movie. It reminded me of being at the drive-ins!
Root Beer Float Bar Fixings
- Root Beer
- Ice Cream (you can make your own homemade ice cream too! Click here for my recipe)
- Whipped Cream
- Hot Fudge
Some other fun and different root beer float variations:
- Make a boozy peanut butter float peanut butter cup ice cream and with peanut butter flavored whiskey.
- For the coffee lover use coffee flavored ice cream!
- For a healthier option if you like bananas, freeze some bananas then blend with a little bit of milk of your choice until an ice cream consistency and use for your float.
I added some decor I had around the house just to make it feel a little more fancy, like my chalkboard and cake stand.
- If not making and enjoying right away, you may want to have a galvanized bucket of ice and keep the root beer and ice cream on ice.
- Use small bowls for things like sprinkles, nuts, marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- For the sauces, whipped cream and cherries, just put out in their original containers or jars.
I love to see if you make any of my recipes. Be sure to tag me in your photos on Instagram @ourtiny_nest
Pin for later
For more summer inspiration, check out my friends ideas below
More Old Fashioned Summer Inspiration
The Tattered Pew | Eleanor Rose Home | Midwest Life and Style | Green Valley Gable | Our Tiny Nest Blog | White & Wood Grain
For another fun snack click here to check out my Banana Split Apple Nachos!
And click here for my summer bucket list
Sign up below for more recipes, decor ideas and inspiration right to your inbox