Our family lovessss s’mores. It’s pretty much a summer staple and isn’t summer until you’ve had a nice gooey melted s’more. This Patriotic S’mores Dip makes the perfect dessert to bring to parties for Memorial Day, Fourth of July or Labor Day. And there’s no fire required. This might be my new favorite way to enjoy the flavors of a good s’more.
Patriotic S’mores Dip
Patriotic S'mores Dip
This Patriotic S'mores Dip recipe is great for summer bbqs, 4th of July parties, or if you want a sweet treat on the back deck. The best part, no fire necessary. Next time I think I'm going to try with peanut butter cups on the bottom!!!!
- 9x9 baking dish
- straw or toothpick
- 3 small bowls
- 1 medium sized bowl filled with water
- A baking tray or cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- 20 marshmallows
- 1 12oz bag chocolate chips
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Start with your 9x9 baking dish and lightly grease with a stick of butter, making sure to grease the edges of the pan
- Take your 3 small mixing bowls, filling one with white/clear sprinkles, the second with blue and the third with red sprinkles
- Take a toothpick or straw and skewer a marshmallow on top
- Submerge the marshmallow in the bowl of water making sure to wet all sides, allowing any excess water to drip off.
- Take your wet marshmallow and roll into the bowl of blue sprinkles then place on lined baking tray. Repeat until you have a total of 5 blue marshmallows. Place on
- Repeat the same steps above but with the red sprinkles until you have 7 red marshmallows and with the white sprinkles until you have a total of 8 white marshmallows.
- With a pair of kitchen scissors, cut each marshmallow in half, wiping the scissors clean in between colors.
- Pour the bag of chocolate chips into your greased baking dish and make an even layer.
- Place your marshmallows cut side down on top of the chocolate chips. Start with the blue marshmallows in the upper left corner so that you have 3 rows of 3. Fill the upper right corner going across with 3 red marshmallows. Arrange the next row with the white marshmallows, then alternate again red and white. You may have some marshmallows left over at the end.
- Bake in the oven until the tops are golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve warm with graham crackers.
Be sure to check out my Boozy Bomb Pop Cocktails for more holiday flair!
And this Patriotic Door Basket Decor
For more summer desserts check out my strawberry cheesecake trifle
Pin for later