This post contains affiliate links
If you’re looking for a cute way to decorate your front door for the summer, this DIY Patriotic Door Basket is so simple and classic. I like to switch up from front door decor from time to time and change from my wreath to a door basket. The thing I like about the door basket, is that you can switch out your flowers as the seasons change.
Patriotic Door Basket
You will need:
- door basket (mine is sold out but scroll down to see a few I linked below)
- faux flowers (I got mine from the Dollar Store)
- flags (linking this pack I got on Amazon)
- plastic or paper bags (for stuffing your basket)
- over the door hook (click for mine, it’s $5)
Start by filling your basket with a filler. I like to use either plastic or paper bags that I have on hand.
Add your faux flowers. I used blue hydrangeas, some white smaller flowers and a few eucalyptus stems to add some greenery.
Stand your basket up or hang on door to add the flags so you can get a better idea of where they look best.
Let me know what you think and if you happen to re-create one, share on Instagram and tag me @ourtiny_nest so that I can see!
Linking some baskets below
For more patriotic ideas check out
Enter your email below to get more holiday DIYs, recipes and ideas right to your inbox
Pin for later