This post contains affiliate links
When I think about summer I think about the smell of sunscreen, playing outside all day, eating endless watermelon and popsicles and bubbles. My kids love bubbles. It will occupy them for hours. At the beginning of every summer, I buy bottles of bubbles and usually after a few days, they end up getting spilled all over the deck. Using only 3 ingredients that you probably already have at home, you can whip up a big batch of this easy homemade bubble solution with my recipe below. I’m also sharing how to make your own bubble wands.
Easy Homemade Bubble Solution
- 6 cups of water
- 2 cups of dish soap
- 3/4 cup of corn syrup, glycerine or sugar
- In a large gallon jug, pour the water, dish soap and corn syrup (or glycerin or sugar) stirring until well combined. Let it sit overnight.
- Pour into separate smaller bottles or set up a large bubble station outside with some bubble wands (showing you how to make your own below)
Homemade Bubble Wands
You will need:
- pipe cleaners or a thick wire – linking them here
- scissors or wire cutters
- beads – linking them here
This is a great activity for your kids to do on their own. I made a few wands ahead of time and laid them out to show as an example. You may need to be close by to help with the cutting.
Tip – I found that a thick wire (old wire hangers are great!) work better than the pipe cleaners. Eventually the pipe cleaners got soggy from the bubbles and didn’t hold up as well.
For more fun ideas to do with the kids check out:
This DIY Mud Kitchen
These Seed Bombs
Make these fun glow jars
Pin for later