This post contains affiliate links
This strawberry cheesecake trifle recipe is a favorite in our house! Last week I took the boys strawberry picking. If you’re local, we went to Bowman Farms in Rexford. They had a great time and we used our fresh strawberries to make this strawberry cheesecake trifle for Father’s Day.
Trifle bowl desserts are perfect for entertaining as they’re so easy to make ahead of time and always looks so pretty! (If you don’t have a trifle bowl, I love this one on Amazon!)
I’m sharing my strawberry cheesecake trifle recipe below.
But first a cute pic of my M&M’s in the strawberry fields 🙂
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Recipe
For the cake layer
- cubed pound cake or angel food cake. (I love to use Sara Lee frozen pound cake. I usually buy 2 loaves and use 1 1/2 of them.)
For the cheesecake layer
- 16 oz of cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- another 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
For the strawberry layer
- 2 pounds of sliced strawberries (you can use fresh or frozen)
- Start by preparing your cheesecake layer. In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Add in the sour cream, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Layer the bottom of the trifle bowl with cubed pound cake or angel food cake.
- Spread a thick layer of the cheesecake mixture, covering all the cake.
- Next layer with sliced strawberries.
- Repeat another layer of cake and cheesecake.
- Top with sliced strawberries. (If not serving right away, wait to top with strawberries so that the juices don’t run.)
Cover and keep refrigerated until serving. Scoop into dessert bowls.
(If you’re making for Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day, I also like to add in blueberries for the red, white and blue theme!)
Pin this recipe for later
For more of our favorite recipes check out
Banana Split Apple Nachos
The best homemade banana bread
Chocolate chip peanut butter bars