This lilac lemonade very quickly became a favorite among my Instagram friends (if you don’t follow me on IG click here!) so I thought it deserved a permanent spot on the blog. Who knew lilacs were edible? If you love the smell of these beautiful purple flowers, try adding a few sprigs into your lemonade. It’s just the right amount of lilac.
- 5 lemons
- 2-3 sprigs of lilac Use more for a stronger floral flavor
- 1 cup granulated sugar Use more to make sweeter (can also use simple syrup)
- 5-6 cups water enough to fill your pitcher
- Fill a pitcher with ice
- Squeeze the juice of your lemons into the pitcher and add your wedges
- Fill with cold water
- Add your granulated sugar or simple syrup to sweeten
- Put in your sprigs of lilac and stir
- Let sit for 5-6 hours or longer for a stronger flavor
- You can remove the lilacs prior to serving (you may need to strain) or leave in as a garnish.
Add a splash of prosecco and serve with this summer burrata board for the most refreshing cocktail hour!
If you love lilacs, then be sure to check out this post where I have 6 ways to use lilacs from lilac ice cream, beauty hacks and more!
For more refreshing drinks and cocktails check out
Pin for later