This post contains affiliate links
As a busy mom, the first step to my low key beauty regimen is a nice, glowing complexion. This is the Best DIY Coffee Face Scrub recipe. It combines my love of coffee with 3 easy natural ingredients for brighter skin.
When it comes to my skincare and beauty regimen, I’m a low maintenance girl. My routine is usually a face scrub for some exfoliation, a moisturizer, a swipe of bronzer for some color, and maybe some mascara. I love this DIY Coffee Face Scrub recipe. It seriously works better than any other expensive product I’ve ever used. The coffee contains antioxidants which works to help protect our skin from free radicals thereby increasing bloodflow, reducing fine lines and wrinkles and reversing the effects of UV damage from the sun. The sugar helps slough away any dead skin cells leaving behind fresh skin. And the coconut oil packs an extra punch of moisturizer as well as antimicrobial properties for any acne prone skin.
After a cold winter my skin’s been looking pretty dull and lackluster. Rubbing on this DIY Coffee Face Scrub seriously felt like an energy shot for my skin! And it left my skin looking so refreshed after, much like I look after drinking a cup of my favorite joe.
See recipe and directions below:
- 1/2 cup of ground coffee
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- In a bowl combine coffee and sugar mixing together.
- Add in coconut oil, stirring well.
- Apply a warm washcloth to your face for a few minutes (this helps to open your pores so it can drink up more of the coffee goodness reaping more of the benefits.)
- Apply scrub mixture in circular motions, being careful not to get into your eyes or mouth.
- Let sit for 15 minutes
- Wash off with a warm washcloth
- Store the rest in a mason jar in your bathroom or in a cool place.
This would also make a great DIY Mother’s Day Gift Idea!(For more Mother’s Day Ideas click here)
There you have it! A quick, cheap and easy DIY Coffee Face Scrub recipe that will leave your skin looking and feeling like you just had an expensive treatment at the spa. If you happen to try this recipe let me know how you like it!