Over the past month, I’ve been really making an effort to eat a more plant-based diet. For me, it was a personal choice to adapt a more healthier lifestyle as it has been shown to reduce chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease and cancer as well as aid in weight loss. I’ve never been a big meat eater, but this girl loves her dairy (give me all the half and half in my coffee and cheese please!), and I would do a salad with chicken for lunch daily. And with a big meat eating husband, at first I really had no idea what to make for lunches or dinners. But after some experimenting, I’ve found some favorites!
Below I’m sharing some of my favorite plant-based meal ideas. Now I would just like to say, that no one is perfect and I am a big believer of “everything in moderation”. Do I follow this 100%? No, I’m more 80/20. Even if you eat plant-based 1 or 2 days a week, you’re making an effort to be healthier and be more sustainable for the environment. (Read more about my tips on how to transition to plant-based here).
Plant-based meal ideas
Ok so I have never been a big breakfast person. Usually it’s just 1-2 cups of coffee for me. But I did have to swap out my beloved half and half. I really really love Califa Farms vanilla almond creamer, that’s been my jam!
If I do eat breakfast it’s usually
- Avocado toast
- Overnight oats with peanut butter and banana
- Smoothies. (I love DetoxBox Delivered! Use my code “OURTINYNEST” for 10% off )
- Shaved kale and brussel sprout salad with cooked lentils.
- Bean salad with lavash.
- Smoothie bowl
- Bento Box or Snack Plate – Stuffed grape leaves, veggies, hummus, fruit
- Butternut squash soup – here’s my recipe!
- Quinoa stuffed peppers
- Lentil Sheperd’s Pie (This is the recipe I used)
- Taco bake with Lightlife meat substitute
- Stuffed spaghetti squash with sauteed spinach, vegan cheese and Primal Kitchen’s vodka sauce
- Chickpea pasta with butternut squash sauce (I used my butternut squash soup as a sauce)
- Apple or banana with almond butter
- Avocado chocolate mousse (Click here for recipe – perfect for a chocolate craving)
- Plaintain chips
- Dairy free yogurt with a handful of nuts
- Popcorn sprinkled with nutritional yeast for a cheesey nutty flavor
And that’s pretty much it! I’ll add to this list as I experiment more. If you have any favorite plant based or vegan recipes, comment below!
For more inspo check out some of my favorite plant-based/vegan food bloggers: