These DIY homemade tea bags make the perfect thoughtful, personalized gift idea for Mother’s Day or birthdays. Scroll down to see how I made them. This post contains affiliate links.
I have always appreciated receiving handmade gifts, to me they are more meaningful. Our mom loves tea and growing up we used to do always have tea parties. This year we surprised her and threw our Mother’s Day celebration a few weeks early with a Mother Daughter Tea and these DIY homemade tea bags. She loved them and they looked really cute on the table too!
If you make these, be sure to share a photo and tag me on Instagram @ourtiny_nest so that I can see how they came out! If you’re not following me already, click here to follow me on IG 🙂
You will need:
- Coffee filters
- Loose leaf tea
- Cardstock or printed photos
1.) I started by printing out some of my favorite photos that I wanted to use for the tea bags and cutting them into small squares for the tags. If you’re not going to use pictures, you could also do cardstock and write little personalized messages on them.
2.) Take a coffee filter and scoop 1 1/2 teaspoon of loose leaf tea into the center of the coffee filter.
3.) Bring the edges of the coffee filter up to make it into like a blossom and pinch the center to close it off.
4.) Take a piece of twine and wrap around the part of the coffee filter that you have pinched off and tie closed leaving enough of the twine coming off the tea bag for steeping.
5.) Using a stapler, staple your picture or cardstock to the end of the twine.
We chose to have them all set out on the table. I think they would also be cute made into a basket with a tea canister, a tea cup, some biscotti and maybe some macaroons.
Linking some of the items from our tea party below
Tiered cupcake stand
For more Mother’s Day Ideas check out:
Sign up below for more holiday and gift ideas right to your inbox
Pin For Later
This post contains affiliate links
Mother’s Day is only a few weeks away. Here is my Mother’s Day Gift Guide with gifts for your mom, sister, friend or other important mother figures in your life. Scroll down to see all of my Mother’s Day Gift Ideas and click the links to shop.
Mother’s Day Gift Guide
Sticker Books – If she likes art or likes to color, these are very calming.
Breakfast in Bed Tray – so she can relax on the weekends.
Custom embroidered sweatshirt– this is a really nice gift idea for grandma too!
Bamboozle composter – for the mom who is environmentally friendly. This composter looks aesthetically pleasing.
Aerogarden Indoor Hydroponic Garden – Now mom can grown her own herbs indoors all year round so she is never without basil our fresh mint for her mojitos.
Shower steamers – these smell amazing and will melt away all of mom’s stress. They come in other fragrances too!
Mother’s Day Basket – This is great if you live far away or won’t have time to put a gift together. Send mom a little basket already wrapped in a bow.
Foot Spa – She’s on her feet all the time, so let her pamper herself with this at home foot spa.
Bracelet – from Little Words Co and you can personalize however you wish.
Pretty pajamas – These pajamas are so pretty and they look wicked comfortable too!
Check out these Mother’s Day DIY’s
And for Mother’s Day Brunch Ideas check out these recipes:
Sign up below for more ideas right to your inbox!
Pin for later
This spring vegetable goat cheese quiche is the perfect dish to serve for Easter, Mother’s Day or your next brunch. Serve with a side salad, some fruit and a cocktail and you’re guest will be wowed! Scroll down for my recipe.
Spring vegetable goat cheese quiche
- 1 store bought refrigerated pie crust (I cheat and use a store bought crust to save on time but you can absolutely make your own if you wish)
- All purpose flour (for surface)
- 4 eggs (plus 1 more for the egg wash for crust)
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of roasted vegetables (I used asparagus, red peppers and red onions but you can use whatever you want or have leftover in the fridge)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper (I don’t measure, I just eyeball it)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out your pie crust onto a lightly floured surface. Transfer into a lightly greased tart pan or pie pan (I got this set of 2 on Amazon), pressing the edges. Bake according to directions on package and then let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Add in cheddar cheese, goat cheese, garlic powder, ground mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Once the crust has cooled and before pouring in your egg mixture, make an egg wash and lightly brush over the crust. This will prevent the crust from becoming soggy.
- Pour your egg mixture into the crust. If you have any additional veggies left over, sprinkle them on top.
- Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes or until center of the quiche is done (it will no longer be jiggly) and the edges of the crust are golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for about 15 minutes prior to serving.
For more brunch ideas check out these recipes:
For Easter inspo check out:
Pin for Later
This post contains affiliate links meaning I make a small commission.
Mother’s Day no doubt is going to be very different this year. Whether you’re looking to show your love and appreciation to your mom, grandma, mother in law, sister or friend, there’s something on this list for everyone. Check out the list of my favorite Mother’s Day gift ideas below. And as always, click the links to shop.
Mother’s Day gift ideas
So she can keep her favorite beverage warm
these pretty stackable name rings that can be personalized
Make her favorite handwritten treasured recipe into a momento and beautiful plate
for the Joanna Gaines lover
A journal that you can pass back and forth between you and mom. I would have loved this when I was little and love this idea to start between my mom and I now.
How sweet is this personalized garden tool set?
send mom or grandma roses right to her door that she can plant and have every year.
the perfect bag for a busy mom.
For once the Farmer’s Markets open back up.
so she can be comfy and chic at home
Pin for later