I have been on a soup kick lately and this is one of my family’s favorites! Creamy tomato spinach tortellini soup is warm and comforting and perfect served with a big crusty piece of bread. Plus, I love the leftovers the next day for lunch! (Tip – for leftovers, add a little more broth as the pasta soaks up much of the liquid).
I never measure when I cook, so I tried my best to get you guys the correct measurements 🙂
Nicolle’s creamy tomato spinach tortellini soup
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 2 bags of frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- In a large pot, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil. Add garlic and onions, cooking down until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Add spinach and tortellini, stirring until combined. Reduce to a simmer until tortellini cooked through.
- Top with heavy cream and stir until combined. Season with salt, pepper, fresh basil and crushed red pepper.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Pin for later
This homemade Irish cream is a favorite among family and friends! It tastes really yummy, makes you feel all warm and toasty inside and makes great homemade gifts. (For more homemade gift ideas check out my etsy shop.) I’m sharing my Homemade Irish Cream Recipe below
I make this homemade Irish cream every year. It’s something I look forward to every holiday season and my family and friends do too! In just under 5 minutes you can have your own homemade Irish cream to drink on its own or add a splash to your coffee. Plus, add a cute ribbon and you have your own homemade hostess gift.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups of whiskey
- 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional – you can also use coconut extract instead, either way both are delish!)
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Using an immersion blender, mix together all ingredients for about 30 seconds. (You can also blend together in a blender). Just be careful not to overmix so as not to whip the cream.
- Pour into a glass bottle or mason jar. Keep refrigerated.
For more holiday DIY ideas check out
Homemade citrus garland
Homemade salt dough ornaments
Pin this recipe for later