This spring vegetable goat cheese quiche is the perfect dish to serve for Mother’s Day or your next brunch. Serve with a side salad and some fruit.
For more Mother’s Day Brunch inspiration, be sure to scroll down and check out some of the other recipes from my blogger gal pals.
Spring vegetable goat cheese quiche
- 1 store bought refrigerated pie crust (I cheat and use a store bought crust to save on time but you can absolutely make your own if you wish)
- All purpose flour (for surface)
- 4 eggs (plus 1 more for the egg wash for crust)
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of roasted vegetables (I used asparagus, red peppers and red onions but you can use whatever you want or have leftover in the fridge)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper (I don’t measure, I just eyeball it)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out your pie crust onto a lightly floured surface. Transfer into a lightly greased tart pan or pie pan, pressing the edges. Bake according to directions on package and then let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Add in cheddar cheese, goat cheese, garlic powder, ground mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Once the crust has cooled and before pouring in your egg mixture, make an egg wash and lightly brush over the crust. This will prevent the crust from becoming soggy.
- Pour your egg mixture into the crust. If you have any additional veggies left over, sprinkle them on top.
- Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes or until center of the quiche is done (it will no longer be jiggly) and the edges of the crust are golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for about 15 minutes prior to serving.
This week’s meal plan featuring our family favorite recipe for Taco Pizza to spice up your Taco Tuesday!
Healthy lo mein
Crockpot chicken marsala
Butter garlic herbed steak foil packets
I saw this recipe floating around my facebook and I can’t wait to try it! Can you tell I’m ready for warmer weather?
Rick’s cooking 🙂
Dinner at mom & dad’s
I have been on a soup kick lately and this is one of my family’s favorites! Creamy tomato spinach tortellini soup is warm and comforting and perfect served with a big crusty piece of bread. Plus, I love the leftovers the next day for lunch! (Tip – for leftovers, add a little more broth as the pasta soaks up much of the liquid).
I never measure when I cook, so I tried my best to get you guys the correct measurements 🙂
Nicolle’s creamy tomato spinach tortellini soup
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 2 bags of frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- In a large pot, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil. Add garlic and onions, cooking down until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Add spinach and tortellini, stirring until combined. Reduce to a simmer until tortellini cooked through.
- Top with heavy cream and stir until combined. Season with salt, pepper, fresh basil and crushed red pepper.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Pin for later
This homemade Irish cream is a favorite among family and friends! It tastes really yummy, makes you feel all warm and toasty inside and makes great homemade gifts. (For more homemade gift ideas check out my etsy shop.) I’m sharing my Homemade Irish Cream Recipe below
I make this homemade Irish cream every year. It’s something I look forward to every holiday season and my family and friends do too! In just under 5 minutes you can have your own homemade Irish cream to drink on its own or add a splash to your coffee. Plus, add a cute ribbon and you have your own homemade hostess gift.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups of whiskey
- 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional – you can also use coconut extract instead, either way both are delish!)
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Using an immersion blender, mix together all ingredients for about 30 seconds. (You can also blend together in a blender). Just be careful not to overmix so as not to whip the cream.
- Pour into a glass bottle or mason jar. Keep refrigerated.
And for more homemade gift ideas be sure to check out my Etsy shop!
Pin this recipe for later