This post contains affiliate links
Fall is by far my favorite time of year! This past week I started adding some fall decor throughout our home. One of my favorite places to switch out the seasonal decor is our fireplace and mantle as it is the focal point of our family room. (You can see my post on how we whitewashed our fireplace here). I am in love with the way my mantle decor came out featuring this easy DIY fall garland. It was super inexpensive to make too as most of the things can be found at the Dollar Store.
Below I’m sharing my DIY fall garland and mantle decor so that you can
recreate the look too!
DIY Fall Garland
You will need:
- a needle
- faux leaves (click here)
- Foam pumpkins (linking this cute pack here)
- Foam acorns
- Whatever else you want. These wooden beads would be cute too!
- Thread the twine through the eye of your needle and tie a knot at the end.
- Using your needle, puncture a hole through the leaf and thread the twine through. Next do the same with your foam pumpkins and acorns. You will need to exert a decent amount of pressure to thread the needle completely though the foam pumpkins and acorns.
- Continue with whatever pattern you choose.
- Once finished, cut the needle off the twine and tie each end.
- Hang on your mantle, windows, doorways, or wherever you’d like.
I love to see what you create so be sure to take a photo and tag me on Instagram @ourtiny_nest!
I chose to go with more of a fall/harvest theme with pumpkins, leaves and flowers vs Halloween since I can keep it up throughout Thanksgiving but you can do whatever you like. And most of my mantle decor was $30 or less!
Click the links or thumbnail photos below to shop!
The farmhouse window panes and boxwood wreath stay up all year long and then I usually just switch out the other pieces as the seasons change.
I got the glass vases and faux flowers from the Dollar Store.
I love these black tapered candlesticks which you can leave up throughout
most of fall and winter.
Shop my decor
Faux boxwood wreath
Farmhouse window panes
Muted faux pumpkins
Fall book stack
For more fall inspiration check out
My Best of Fall DIYs, Decor and Recipes