One of the things on our summer bucket list this year was to make homemade ice cream. This recipe is for easy homemade no churn ice cream and the best part is the flavor options are endless! I did a little experimenting in the kitchen last weekend and put two flavor combinations to the test. I’m sharing them below.
Easy Homemade No Churn Ice Cream
The base for the ice cream is super simple with only 4 ingredients – heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and salt. Once you have the base, you can add in whatever your taste buds desire to make different flavor combos. All you need is a loaf pan or these pyrex containers, no machine required.
This ice cream is delicious on it’s own or whip up a Root Beer Float Bar.
Easy homemade no churn ice cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash salt
In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks start to form.
In a separate bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and salt
Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the heavy whipping cream until combined.
If serving plain vanilla ice cream, spoon into a bread loaf pan or glass container. Cover and freeze.
If making flavored ice cream, add in your mix-ins of choice and then follow step 4.
2 of my favorite flavor combinations are lemon blueberry and one that I named “Salty Mama”.
This one is just so refreshing and perfect for summer. Prepare the ice cream using the recipe above. Add in 1 cup of blueberries (I did mine whole but I would probably suggest quartered or mashed) and 1 tbsp lemon zest. Freeze as instructed. Prior to serving, top with some additional grated lemon zest to taste.
This one is definitely richer! Peanut butter and nutella flavored topped with salty pretzels for the perfect sweet and salty combo.
Prepare the vanilla ice cream base. Using a mixer, mix in 1 cup of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of nutella until smooth. Freeze in your loaf pan or container. Prior to serving, top with crushed pretzels. Mmmmmm.
For more summer ideas check out
Pin for later
Ahhhh zucchini season. There are so many amazing things you can do with the vegetable but sneaking it into dessert so that your husband and kids will never know brings me great joy! I’m sharing my recipe for the fudgiest chocolate zucchini brownies you’ll ever make.
The fudgiest chocolate zucchini brownies
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (approximately 1 large zucchini)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cups of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- sea salt (optional)
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 square pan with nonstick baking spray.
2.) Mix the vegetable oil and sugar together. Add in the vanilla, eggs and shredded zucchini combining well. (The zucchini will be watery. Be sure to leave the water as that will add the moisture).
3.) Stir in cinnamon, cocoa, flour and salt until a brownie batter forms.
4.) Pour the batter into the greased pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
5.) Bake for about 28-30 minutes, will be fudgy. Remove and cool.
6.) Cut into squares.
7.) Optional – sprinkle with sea salt. My fave!!!
Store in an airtight container. I like to keep these in the refrigerator to maintain their consistency.
I love to see what you make! If you re-create any of my recipes, be sure to share and tag me on Instagram @ourtiny_nest.
Or try some of my other favorite desserts
Sign up below for more recipes right to your inbox!
Pin for later
This post contains affiliate links
This strawberry cheesecake trifle recipe is a favorite in our house! Last week I took the boys strawberry picking. If you’re local, we went to Bowman Farms in Rexford. They had a great time and we used our fresh strawberries to make this strawberry cheesecake trifle for Father’s Day.
Trifle bowl desserts are perfect for entertaining as they’re so easy to make ahead of time and always looks so pretty! (If you don’t have a trifle bowl, I love this one on Amazon!)
I’m sharing my strawberry cheesecake trifle recipe below.
But first a cute pic of my M&M’s in the strawberry fields 🙂
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Recipe
For the cake layer
- cubed pound cake or angel food cake. (I love to use Sara Lee frozen pound cake. I usually buy 2 loaves and use 1 1/2 of them.)
For the cheesecake layer
- 16 oz of cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- another 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
For the strawberry layer
- 2 pounds of sliced strawberries (you can use fresh or frozen)
- Start by preparing your cheesecake layer. In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Add in the sour cream, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Layer the bottom of the trifle bowl with cubed pound cake or angel food cake.
- Spread a thick layer of the cheesecake mixture, covering all the cake.
- Next layer with sliced strawberries.
- Repeat another layer of cake and cheesecake.
- Top with sliced strawberries. (If not serving right away, wait to top with strawberries so that the juices don’t run.)
Cover and keep refrigerated until serving. Scoop into dessert bowls.
(If you’re making for Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day, I also like to add in blueberries for the red, white and blue theme!)
Pin this recipe for later
For more of our favorite recipes check out
Enter your email below for more recipes and weekly meal plans!
This past week that I’ve been home I’ve found myself baking ALOT, anyone else? (STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS am I right?) Yesterday I was craving something sweet and gooey to comfort my soul. I can’t think of anything that’s more comforting than peanut butter and chocolate so I got to work. These chocolate chip peanut butter bars quickly became a family favorite in our house and you most likely have all of the ingredients on hand.
Chocolate chip peanut butter bars
- 2 sticks of salted butter
- 2/3 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps of vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 3 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease your baking dish (I used a 9×9).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Add in flour and baking soda mixing well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into your prepared baking dish.
- Dollop the peanut butter on top and swirl into the dough.
- Pour the remaining dough on top and spread evenly.
- Bake in oven for about 22-25 minutes (until you can insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean).
- Let cool before cutting.
I personally think these are best when they are warm and all melty in the middle with a nice cold glass of milk enjoyed by my lonesome curled up on the couch with a comfy blanket for all the feels.
For more sweets check out these recipes:
Pin for later
For more recipes and ideas subscribe to my blog below: