This post contains affiliate links
No doubt we’re experiencing some strange and uncertain times with the COVID-19 pandemic. Families are now spending alot of time together and you may be wondering how you’re going to keep your kids entertained while you’re social distancing.
Here’s a list of 15 things to do with your kids while you’re social distancing:
- Make photo albums – this is a great opportunity to go through all the photos on your phone and actually make a photo album. I like to use the Motif Photo App and do it right from your phone or Shutterfly.
- Have a “yes” day – I saw this idea awhile ago from Jennifer Garner. It’s one day where no matter what the kids ask, the answer is “yes”, within reason obviously. Ice cream for breakfast? Yes. Staying up late? Yes. Wear their pajamas all day and don’t have to brush their teeth? Yes.
- Take your kids to the zoo – the virtual zoo that is. The Cincinnati Zoo will be live streaming some of their animals and exhibits on Facebook Live every week day at 3pm. Click here to head to their facebook page.
- Camp-out in the living room – Get out all your blankets and pillows and make teepees in the living room. Even better if you have a fireplace and can have an actual fire. Tell ghost stories, play games and make s’mores!
- Put on a performance – have your kids put together a dance recital or play complete with costumes.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt in the yard or at the park – find something soft, something yellow, something wet, etc.
- Pretend to travel to another country – Have the kids pick a country and then make that day all about their culture. For example, if they choose France. Make macaroons, and build the Eiffel Tower out of legos or magna tiles. If they choose Ireland, play some Celtic music, watch RiverDance and bake Irish soda bread. It will give the kids a feeling of being somewhere else.
- Pizza contest – everyone makes a specialty pizza and try one of each and see who’s was the best.
- Make sensory dough – This is one of my favorite recipes to make your own play dough. It smells yummy and is completely edible!
- Write letters – write some letters or cards and send them to a local nursing home or arrange to do penpals with some of their friends.
- Go for a family bike ride – Head to the park or bike path and go for a nice family bike ride.
- Have a backwards day – wear your clothes backwards, they have to walk backwards, you get the point
- Do some spring cleaning – write down some things that you need to be cleaned or tidied up around the house that the kids can do. Put them in a hat and have each child pick one thing. Then set a timer for 15 minutes, play some loud music and they have to get it done in that time
- Make shirts – make some crazy shirts with tie-dye or puffy paint
- Have a Disney day – Watch movies on Disney Plus, play Disney games. You can even go on Youtube and virtually experience the rides.
For more ideas to keep your kids entertained and keep your sanity check out