This post contains affiliate links
Starbucks recently released their new holiday beverage – the Irish Cream Cold Brew. Being a coffee junkie and lover of Irish Cream I obviously had to run out and try it. It is pure magic in a cup. Without the booze of course. However, at about $4.50 a cup, not so magical on the wallet. I’ve created my own Copycat Starbucks Irish Cream Cold Brew recipe so that you can make your own. And I’ve also included a boozy edition for when you want to be a little extra 😉
Copycat Starbucks Irish Cream Cold Brew
- 1 cup of cold coffee (I usually just make a cup, refrigerate for a bit and then add some ice)
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- cocoa powder (for dusting)
- First you’ll need to make your Irish Cream. (I made this ahead of time in a larger quantity and stored in the fridge in a mason jar). Mix together 1 3/4 cups of heavy whipping cream, 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp of almond extract. Stir together.
- Next make a cup of coffee, chill and then pour over ice.
- Add some of your Irish Cream to your coffee, as much as you want.
- In a bowl, add the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Whip or use an immersion blender until the mixture is frothy.
- Top your coffee with the cream foam and a dusting of cocoa powder.
To make my boozy adults only edition:
- Make a batch of my Homemade Irish Cream. (Recipe here)
- Pour into your iced coffee
- Sip and get happy 🙂
For more Irish or St Patrick’s inspired ideas check out:
Sign up below for more recipes right to your inbox!
Pin for later