This past week that I’ve been home I’ve found myself baking ALOT, anyone else? (STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS am I right?) Yesterday I was craving something sweet and gooey to comfort my soul. I can’t think of anything that’s more comforting than peanut butter and chocolate so I got to work. These chocolate chip peanut butter bars quickly became a family favorite in our house and you most likely have all of the ingredients on hand.
Chocolate chip peanut butter bars
- 2 sticks of salted butter
- 2/3 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps of vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 3 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease your baking dish (I used a 9×9).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Add in flour and baking soda mixing well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into your prepared baking dish.
- Dollop the peanut butter on top and swirl into the dough.
- Pour the remaining dough on top and spread evenly.
- Bake in oven for about 22-25 minutes (until you can insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean).
- Let cool before cutting.
I personally think these are best when they are warm and all melty in the middle with a nice cold glass of milk enjoyed by my lonesome curled up on the couch with a comfy blanket for all the feels.
For more sweets check out these recipes:
The best banana bread
Banana Split Apple Nachos
Pin for later
For more recipes and ideas subscribe to my blog below: