Back to School can be a hectic time with new routines, meetings, sports and activities. These are some of my favorite Back To School meal ideas that you can whip up in a flash. Scroll down to see some of my favorite recipes for breakfast, dinners and after school snacks. Click the links for recipes.
Sheet Pan Egg Sandwiches
These are great for making ahead of time so that you have an easy breakfast for those busy mornings.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare your egg mixture as you normally would like if you were going to make scrambled eggs. I use 10-12 eggs for my large sheet pan. I like to add in some chopped veggies like peppers, onions and spinach. You can add anything, even some chopped bacon or sausage.
- Lightly spray a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baking pan and bake in the oven, about 20-25 minutes.
- While the eggs are baking, toast some English muffins.
- Once the eggs are done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Using a knife slice the the eggs into individual squares.
- Serve each egg square in between two halves of english muffins and top with a slice of cheese.
- Place each one separate in ziploc bags or wrap in foil.
Mini pancakes served in a bowl with whipped cream, sprinkles, and fruit, what’s not to love?
After School Snacks/ Treats
Some of my favorites for after school snacks or a little afternoon pick me up.
This banana bread is a favorite in our house! Perfect with a cup of coffee for mom or dad. Also can toast with some butter for a sweet breakfast.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
When you’ve got a craving for chocolate and peanut butter, these chocolate chip peanut butter bars will curb your hankering. Very rich, melty and gooey when out of the oven. Wash down with a glass of milk.
Banana Split Apple Nachos
Back to school and fall time are synonymous with apples. Apple nachos are a great after school snack. And these banana split apple nachos are truly special!
Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken
If you asked me the one dinner that everyone in our family eats, this is it! Honey mustard pretzel chicken tenders you can make in the air fryer or on a sheet pan. Serve over salad or with some roasted veggies and potatoes.
Caprese pasta salad
This is great for a Meatless Monday or lighter option. I love the leftovers cold for lunch the next day!
Fall Sheet Pan Dinner
This dinner tastes like Thanksgiving but it’s ready in 30 minutes!!!
Greek Turkey Meatball Bowls
Make in the air fryer and serve with some fresh veggies, tzatziki and feta.
I love to see what you create! So if you happen to make any of these recipes, be sure to take a photo and tag me on Instagram @ourtiny_nest!
Some of my kitchen must haves:
And if you’re looking for back to school outfits check out these posts
Pin for Later
Never miss a post! Sign up below
This spring vegetable goat cheese quiche is the perfect dish to serve for Easter, Mother’s Day or your next brunch. Serve with a side salad, some fruit and a cocktail and you’re guest will be wowed! Scroll down for my recipe.
Spring vegetable goat cheese quiche
- 1 store bought refrigerated pie crust (I cheat and use a store bought crust to save on time but you can absolutely make your own if you wish)
- All purpose flour (for surface)
- 4 eggs (plus 1 more for the egg wash for crust)
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of roasted vegetables (I used asparagus, red peppers and red onions but you can use whatever you want or have leftover in the fridge)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper (I don’t measure, I just eyeball it)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out your pie crust onto a lightly floured surface. Transfer into a lightly greased tart pan or pie pan (I got this set of 2 on Amazon), pressing the edges. Bake according to directions on package and then let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Add in cheddar cheese, goat cheese, garlic powder, ground mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Once the crust has cooled and before pouring in your egg mixture, make an egg wash and lightly brush over the crust. This will prevent the crust from becoming soggy.
- Pour your egg mixture into the crust. If you have any additional veggies left over, sprinkle them on top.
- Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes or until center of the quiche is done (it will no longer be jiggly) and the edges of the crust are golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for about 15 minutes prior to serving.
This quiche serves really well with this arugula roasted potato salad. Click here for the recipe!
For more brunch ideas check out these recipes:
For Easter inspo check out:
Sign up here so you never miss a recipe!
Pin for Later
Pancake cereal is all the craze! What is pancake cereal exactly? It’s mini, cereal sized pancakes served either with milk or topped with whipped cream and fruit. My guys love them some pancakes and this pancake cereal adds a fun little twist. I’m sharing the easy recipe below.
And for another favorite breakast recipe check out
These easy sheet pan egg sandwiches
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- more melted butter to grease your pan or cooking spray
- optional – fruits and veggies (I try to sneak some in to every meal I can), chocolate chips, sprinkles, whipped cream.
1.) In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.
2.) Beat in eggs, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter until smooth.
3.) Add in some chopped fruits or veggies or chocolate chips. (I put in some chopped spinach and carrots and my kids didn’t even taste the difference – mom win!)
4.) In a large skillet, melt your butter or spray generously with cooking spray.
5.) Using a tablespoon, scoop little circles of batter into the pan (about half-dollar size).
6.) Once you start to see bubbles form on top of the pancake, flip, browning on each side.
7.) Remove from the skillet. Put in a bowl and serve with syrup, whipped cream or whatever you like. Our favorite version is with whipped cream and sprinkles!
These are some of my must haves for making pancakes
Other recipes you may enjoy
Pin for later
For weekly meal plans and more of what’s trending right to your inbox, sign up below