This past week that I’ve been home I’ve found myself baking ALOT, anyone else? (STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS am I right?) Yesterday I was craving something sweet and gooey to comfort my soul. I can’t think of anything that’s more comforting than peanut butter and chocolate so I got to work. These chocolate chip peanut butter bars quickly became a family favorite in our house and you most likely have all of the ingredients on hand.
Chocolate chip peanut butter bars
- 2 sticks of salted butter
- 2/3 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps of vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 3 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease your baking dish (I used a 9×9).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Add in flour and baking soda mixing well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into your prepared baking dish.
- Dollop the peanut butter on top and swirl into the dough.
- Pour the remaining dough on top and spread evenly.
- Bake in oven for about 22-25 minutes (until you can insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean).
- Let cool before cutting.
I personally think these are best when they are warm and all melty in the middle with a nice cold glass of milk enjoyed by my lonesome curled up on the couch with a comfy blanket for all the feels.
For more sweets check out these recipes:
Pin for later
For more recipes and ideas subscribe to my blog below:
I’m sharing my recipe for the BEST homemade banana bread. Or as Maxwell likes to call it – “Oompa bread” after his grandpa who always comes over with a sweet tooth. I usually always have some type of baked treat in the ktichen and one day I had just made a fresh loaf of banana bread. My dad had come over to watch Maxwell while I ran out quick and when I came home I said to Maxwell “where did all the banana bread go?” He was quick to throw Oompa right under the bus and said “Oompa ate it!”. So now it’s called Oompa bread 🙂
I have tried several different recipes and this one is my favorite. It’s a great way to use up those brown, overripe bananas, and the riper the better. This bread also freezes really well. Below is my recipe for the best homemade banana bread.
The Best Homemade Banana Bread
3-5 overripe bananas (the riper the better)
3/4 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
Optional – chocolate chips and walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease or butter an 8.5×4.5 inch loaf pan
- In a large bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid), mash together your bananas
- Mix in the sugar, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Optional – mix in some chocolate chips and walnuts to make it even more of a treat and give it some texture.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 35 minutes until the center is done. (I like to insert a bread knife to check. When the knife comes out clean you know it’s done).
- Let cool on a cooling rack before serving.
Be sure to check out some of my other favorite recipes
Sign up below and never miss a recipe!
Pin for later