15 In Nesting

Nesting

Nesting Christmas tree decor with ribbons, bead garland and white poinsettias. Coffee in front of tree.

This post contains affiliate links

Nesting on this last Sunday in November.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and time with their family and friends.

We spent the past few days getting our Christmas shopping done and decorating for Christmas.

Do you do a themed tree or have a color scheme you like to stick to when decorating your tree? Or do you have a variety of sentimental ornaments you collect over the years?

This year I did a little upgrade when decorating our tree. Instead of using those hooks to hang your ornaments, I used ribbon. I chose a burgundy and navy blue color and tied ribbons on the ornaments to hang them instead. It looks so pretty and really elevates it a little bit.

Nesting - Christmas tree decor idea. Ornament hack. Use ribbon to hang ornaments on tree.

I’m showing you all the details here.

2023 Christmas tree with wooden bead garland, ribbons to tie ornaments with gold balls and white poinsettias.

Every year, when we decorate out front, I also do a little something to thank all the delivery drivers who work so hard to deliver our packages and groceries. I usually fill a little crate with some beverages and snacks for them to take when they drop off our packages and groceries. I made a cute little sign to add too.

Nesting - free printable thank you delivery drivers with basket of snacks and drinks for the holidays

Just a little way to spread some holiday cheer and make someone’s day.

You can get my free printable now in the free printable library, exclusive for blog subscribers. Click here. (Password is in your email)

If you’re not already a subscriber, sign up below

Here’s what’s been happening lately at Our Tiny Nest:

Did you see my recipe for this amazing gingerbread syrup? It’s super easy to make and great in coffees, lattes, over waffles or pancakes. I’m sharing the recipe here.

The best gingerbread latte. Glass mug full of coffee, whipped cream and topped with a gingerbread man cookie

The holiday season is the start of all of the fun gatherings, parties and events. I always like to bring a little something for the hostess and this is now the only gift I will be bringing from now on. This overnight breakfast strata will make their next morning a little easier. Click here for my recipe and printable tag.

The best hostess gift idea to give for the holidays - overnight breakfast strata. Aluminum baking tray with printable gift tag and ribbon

If the little elf comes to your house, sometimes you know it can be tricky to come up with creative and fun ideas. I shared this little earlier this week. I bought this elf fairy door kit on Amazon and it is the most adorable thing I can’t wait to see the kid’s faces! Click here for the details.

Elf on the shelf idea fairy door kit

If you love advent calendars, here are some fun ones to count down the days until Christmas. Click here to see all 25 of the best advent calendars.

25 Advent Calendars for Christmas - best advent calendars on Amazon from Squishamals, Friends, Elf, Taylor Swift, Book lovers and more

Some of the best sales and deals happening now!

This has been the top seller so far among you all!

Shark Vacuums, The Shark Blow Dryer, Air purifiers and more. I just got a shark vacuum and I love it better than my Dyson! And that Flex Style blow dryer/styler is on my list!

Amazon devices for kids like tablets, Echo Dot, Kindles, etc.

Literally the best sheets ever! These are always a top seller!

The only boots I buy my kids, so easy to slip on and off.

Shop some of my favorite Stocking Stuffers.

**And this great deal happening now at Kalahari Resorts is a great way to gift the family a fun experience.**

And now some of my favorite finds from around the web

This adorable marshmallow bar from The Crowned Goat.

Quick and Easy Holiday Marshmallow Bar-The Crowned Goat

This home where Louisa May Alcott wrote Little Women and you can tour during the holidays. Planning my visit.

This printable hot chocolate tag will add some magic to your Elf on the Shelf adventures.

elf on the shelf hot chocolate with printable

I stumbled upon this Nutcracker Martini recipe and now it’s all I can think about.

Nutcracker Martini for holiday season, festive cocktail

Hope you all enjoy your sweet Sunday!

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

Kim Carberry
    November 27, 2023 at 3:59 am

This year I have a themed tree, a Harry Potter one but I have also added some of the sentimental ornaments too. Your tree looks so pretty and the basket with the treats for the delivery drivers is such a sweet idea. x

Anne Sweet
    November 27, 2023 at 6:42 am

You have made me feel all Christmassy now. I love your idea for a crate for the delivery drivers. I’m not sure it would work in my area, there are quite a few children who often knock my door for treats, so they would probably just take them all. Maybe if I can afford it I’ll fill a box just before Christmas for anyone to take what they want (It’ll probably all be gone in a day, I would do it every day if I could though.) My tree is generally filled with decorations I have collected over my many years and each one is special to me.

CraftAtticResources
    November 27, 2023 at 10:56 am

With a puppy we are passing on a tree this year. When we have a tree it is more of a collection of items we’ve collected over the years. I love seeing the ornaments I inherited from my Mom when she gave up having a tree that date back to her Mom through my own childhood to ones my DH and I have made/purchased.

Natasha Mairs
    November 27, 2023 at 2:17 pm

I have had the same colour theme for our tree for the last 3 years. Its red and gold. But my husband is choosing it next year #MMBC

Amy
    November 27, 2023 at 7:30 pm

I love this festive post! And how awesome you have finished your Christmas shopping already.

Lyndsey
    November 27, 2023 at 8:40 pm

I love the idea for the delivery drivers, that’s so sweet! My dogs would have all these snacks eaten within 2 minutes, maybe I can come up with a way to keep them up off my porch. ๐Ÿ™‚

CoCo
    November 28, 2023 at 2:59 pm

I don’t think you can ever have too many bows or ribbons Nicolle and I love the festive feel your tree is taking! I can’t wait to see how it all comes together. I finally finished shopping today and it feels so good. It’s so sweet of you to leave little snacks and drinks like that for your delivery drivers. They work so hard this time of year. They definitely deserve it! Thank you so much for including my marshmallow bar in your round-up this week. I really appreciate it! Sending you hugs for a happy holiday season, CoCo

Kirsten Smith
    November 29, 2023 at 8:33 am

I love this! Thanks for sharing!

Tara B | Breakthrough Loading
    November 29, 2023 at 9:20 am

So many great ideas to get into the Christmas spirit! I especially love the gift basket for delivery drivers ๐Ÿ™‚

Jennifer Wise
    November 29, 2023 at 9:26 am

The gold on your tree is so pretty! I have left a little something for delivery drivers for the last couple of years, and I just love doing that. I like your signage better, though–I’ll have to do that. Visiting from Wonderful Wednesday blog hop.

Susan
    November 29, 2023 at 11:29 am

I love the crate for delivery drivers! Such a thoughtful way to bring Christmas cheer to the hard working people out in the elements everyday. Thoroughly enjoyed this holiday post!

mireille
    November 29, 2023 at 1:40 pm

We decorated a lot earlier this week and we are all loving it! Boys had a wonderful time putting the ornaments on the tree and seeing all of the ones they made in recent years at school.

Jayne @ Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs
    December 3, 2023 at 11:39 am

What a lovely festive post! Your tree is so pretty.
    I have a snow flocked tree and have gone with soft pinks and white this year. I love it!
    The treats box for the delivery drivers is such a thoughtful idea. I think I need to do this.
    Thanks so much for joining in with #MMBC Nicolle. I hope you to see you again next week. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rosie Amber
    December 4, 2023 at 1:26 pm

I love the idea of a thank you box for the delivery drivers.

Anna Price
    December 4, 2023 at 8:01 pm

Love the elf fairy door kit! Why didn’t they have this stuff when I was a kid?? Also, I love the idea of leaving out goodies for the delivery drivers. Thank you for sharing your post with the Home Imagined Link Party. Happy Holidays Nicolle!