This post contains affiliate links
The first day of school will be here before you know it! This Back to School Countdown is a fun way to get the kids excited and help prepare for the transition back or if they’re just starting kindergarten!
Back to School Countdown
To make your countdown you will need:
Start by numbering the front of each cutout, I did 1-10.
On the back of each paper, write little things to do to prepare for back to school. I gave some suggestions for what I did below.
- Make a keychain for your backpack
- Sharpen your pencils
- Decorate your pencil case.
- Practice opening your lunchbox – this was a tip from some teacher friends. Make sure your little ones know how to open their lunch box, put their straw in their juice box, etc. Having a little test run at home can help boost their confidence.
- Set up a homework station.
- Practice writing your full name, address and phone number.
- Make a morning to do list. Click here to download this free printable or make your own!
- Drop off your school supplies and do a tour of the school
- Choose your first day of school outfit (Walmart, and Zulily, are some of our fave spots for back to school looks. I also have some ideas for girls here and the boys here).
- Read a few books (linking some that we like below)
- Pack your backpack.
- Have an end of summer pool party or water balloon fight.
- Bake a treat for an after school snack – my homemade banana bread is a favorite as well as these chocolate chip peanut butter bars!
Clip each pencil on the twine with a clothes pin and hang up your banner.
Such a super cute and easy visual for your kids to get prepared for back to school!