I was never really one to go out on New Year’s Eve. Even before kids I would much rather stay home in my pajamas, get some takeout and watch the ball drop from my couch. Now I’m lucky if I can make it til midnight. Below I’m sharing 6 fun ideas for your New Years at home! There’s mocktails, slime and a free printable and more!
Here are 6 fun Ideas to Ring in the New Year at Home
1.) Have a smorgasboard- instead of a fancy dinner, do a bunch of appetizers. To me it feels more indulgent to have an array of picky foods. Set up a grazing table or a big charcuterie board. We also will do fondue and a few things from Chinese takeout.
2.) Do a Champagne Saber – This may seem a little bougee and you may only use it once a year, but how fun?? And you can get one right on Amazon, who knew?
3.) Festive mocktails – apple cider and gummy bears, milk and cookies, the sky is the limit! Here are a few of my favorites we’ve done. Click for this fun cotton candy drink. Or make milk and cookies fun by dipping the rims of glasses into marshmallow fluff and then sprinkles!
4.) Make a vision board or write out your intentions. – I have been doing this for a few years now. I usually pick a word for the year and then right out all of the things that I want to accomplish or manifest. I keep it visible right on a board in my office and look at it daily. It’s amazing the goals and things that I’ve been able to cross off.
5.) Make Disco Slime – Sure it’s a little messy but the kids loved it! Check out the easy directions below:
- 3/4 cup glue
- 1 1/2 tbsp contact solution
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- In a bowl mix together glue and contact solution.
- Sprinkle in baking soda and a few splashes of water. (I didn’t measure the water but add more if you want your slime to be more stretchy.)
- Sprinkle in glitter and mix together.
- The slime solution will start out really sticky at first but the more you mix it will come together.
- Add some contact solution to your hands before working the slime so that it doesn’t stick as much. The more you play with it it will become less sticky.
- I usually store in an airtight container for a few days.
6.) Annual Recap with the kids – I have been doing this for a few years now and it’s fun to see the kid’s responses over the years. Click to download my free printable New Years Recap
Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year!
Sign up below so you don’t miss all the good things to come in 2022!
CarolDecember 29, 2022 at 10:29 am
Happy New Year! These ideas look like such fun ways for the whole family to ring in the new year. Thank you for sharing this post in the Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 46.