Dried orange slices make such pretty holiday decor for garlands and ornaments. Not only is it very simplistic, but you can use to decorate past the holidays through the winter months. Scroll down to learn how to dry orange slices and make these dried orange slice ornaments.
How to dry orange slices
It’s super easy to dry orange slices. I also do grapefruits too because I just love the color!
- Start by preheating your oven to 200 degrees F.
- Slice your oranges and grapefruits about 1/4 inch thick.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and place the citruses on the parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 5-6 hours, flipping regularly so that each side is dried evenly.
- Let cool
How to make dried orange slice ornaments
You will need:
- a needle with a large eye
- orange slices
- Start by threading some or the twine through the eye of the needle.
- With the point end of your needle, pierce the cranberry and pull it through so that it is on the twine.
- Repeat with the orange slices and cranberries in whatever pattern you choose.
- Cut the twine and tie the ends together.
Use to decorate your tree.
I also use it to tie around homemade gifts like my homemade chocolate hazelnut liqueur.
In the past, I’ve also done dried orange slice garlands. Click here to see how.
For more holiday DIYs check out my
Sign up below for my holiday decor ideas, recipes and inspiration.