This post contains affiliate links
I had my first spicy margarita recently. If you know me, I don’t like spicy things. But ever since I’ve had that spicy marg, I was hooked and I’ve been wanting to create my own. Fresh watermelon, limes and jalapenos makes this drink soooo refreshing and the perfect contrast of heat and coolness. Scroll down below for my Spicy watermelon margarita recipe.
Spicy Watermelon Margarita
- 1/2 cup watermelon fresh watermelon juice
- 1 lime fresh squeezed juice of lime
- 1 shot blanco tequila (I prefer Casa Amigos)
- 1 jalapeno cut into slices
- 1 tsp agave or simple syrup
- salt to rim your glass
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, blend your watermelon until juiced.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, watermelon juice, lime juice, tequila, agave.
- Add a few slices of jalapeno, depending on how spicy you want it.
- Shake well.
- Rim your glass with salt (or sugar if you prefer). I think salt works better for this one.
- Pour your cocktail mixture into glass.
- Add a few jalapeno slices on top and garnish with a slice of watermelon.
- Tip: Take one of your jalapeno slices and rub around the rim of your glass for the perfect kick with each sip 🙂
Pin for later