One of the things on our summer bucket list this year was to make homemade ice cream. This recipe is for easy homemade no churn ice cream and the best part is the flavor options are endless! I did a little experimenting in the kitchen last weekend and put two flavor combinations to the test. I’m sharing them below.
Easy Homemade No Churn Ice Cream
The base for the ice cream is super simple with only 4 ingredients – heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and salt. Once you have the base, you can add in whatever your taste buds desire to make different flavor combos. All you need is a loaf pan or these pyrex containers, no machine required.
This ice cream is delicious on it’s own or whip up a Root Beer Float Bar.
Easy homemade no churn ice cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks start to form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and salt
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the heavy whipping cream until combined.
- If serving plain vanilla ice cream, spoon into a bread loaf pan or glass container. Cover and freeze.
- If making flavored ice cream, add in your mix-ins of choice and then follow step 4.
2 of my favorite flavor combinations are lemon blueberry and one that I named “Salty Mama”.
This one is just so refreshing and perfect for summer. Prepare the ice cream using the recipe above. Add in 1 cup of blueberries (I did mine whole but I would probably suggest quartered or mashed) and 1 tbsp lemon zest. Freeze as instructed. Prior to serving, top with some additional grated lemon zest to taste.
This one is definitely richer! Peanut butter and nutella flavored topped with salty pretzels for the perfect sweet and salty combo.
Prepare the vanilla ice cream base. Using a mixer, mix in 1 cup of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of nutella until smooth. Freeze in your loaf pan or container. Prior to serving, top with crushed pretzels. Mmmmmm.
For more summer ideas check out
Pin for later