Our family lovessss s’mores. It’s pretty much a summer staple and isn’t summer until you’ve had a nice gooey melted s’more. This Patriotic S’mores Dip makes the perfect dessert to bring to parties for Memorial Day, Fourth of July or Labor Day. And there’s no fire required. This might be my new favorite way to enjoy the flavors of a good s’more.
Patriotic S’mores Dip
Patriotic S'mores Dip
This Patriotic S'mores Dip recipe is great for summer bbqs, 4th of July parties, or if you want a sweet treat on the back deck. The best part, no fire necessary. Next time I think I'm going to try with peanut butter cups on the bottom!!!!
- 9x9 baking dish
- straw or toothpick
- 3 small bowls
- 1 medium sized bowl filled with water
- A baking tray or cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- 20 marshmallows
- 1 12oz bag chocolate chips
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Start with your 9x9 baking dish and lightly grease with a stick of butter, making sure to grease the edges of the pan
- Take your 3 small mixing bowls, filling one with white/clear sprinkles, the second with blue and the third with red sprinkles
- Take a toothpick or straw and skewer a marshmallow on top
- Submerge the marshmallow in the bowl of water making sure to wet all sides, allowing any excess water to drip off.
- Take your wet marshmallow and roll into the bowl of blue sprinkles then place on lined baking tray. Repeat until you have a total of 5 blue marshmallows. Place on
- Repeat the same steps above but with the red sprinkles until you have 7 red marshmallows and with the white sprinkles until you have a total of 8 white marshmallows.
- With a pair of kitchen scissors, cut each marshmallow in half, wiping the scissors clean in between colors.
- Pour the bag of chocolate chips into your greased baking dish and make an even layer.
- Place your marshmallows cut side down on top of the chocolate chips. Start with the blue marshmallows in the upper left corner so that you have 3 rows of 3. Fill the upper right corner going across with 3 red marshmallows. Arrange the next row with the white marshmallows, then alternate again red and white. You may have some marshmallows left over at the end.
- Bake in the oven until the tops are golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve warm with graham crackers.
Be sure to check out my Boozy Bomb Pop Cocktails for more holiday flair!
And this Patriotic Door Basket Decor
For more summer desserts check out my strawberry cheesecake trifle
Pin for later
LacyJune 28, 2021 at 12:26 pm
This is so cute!! My kids would love it!
NatalieJune 28, 2021 at 3:40 pm
This looks such a fantastic dish to include at a Fourth of July party. I love how festive it is and that guests won’t have to get too hot around a campfire, but can still enjoy s’mores. Can’t wait to try it!
KristieMay 14, 2022 at 6:57 am
I’m definitely making this-as long as I don’t forget about it between now and the 4th of July!
Michele GrahamMay 17, 2022 at 5:42 am
This is a show stopper. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.
NicolleMay 18, 2022 at 7:02 am
Thank you Michele! It’s easy to put together too!
Donna @ Modern on MonticelloMay 17, 2022 at 2:37 pm
I think this would be really good but also easy to make and colorful too. Thanks for sharing the recipe and idea. Pinned for the upcoming holidays. This post will be one of the features this week. #HomeMattersParty
NicolleMay 18, 2022 at 7:01 am
Ahhh I’m so excited! Thank you so much Donna!
Emma TMay 18, 2022 at 2:51 pm
That’s a clever way of colouring the marshmallows. I’d never have thought of that.
Geoffrey at SpoonabilitiesMay 23, 2022 at 11:19 am
I’m drooling over here! Can’t wait to give this one a try this weekend!
JanetJune 13, 2022 at 9:15 pm
OMG. This looks so cute and delicious. I’m definitely trying it for our 4th of July BBQ. Thanks for sharing.
NicolleJune 14, 2022 at 7:06 am
its sooo good!
Niki ~ Life as a LEO WifeJune 15, 2022 at 11:13 pm
This is so cute & patriotic! I’ll be featuring your post on tomorrow’s Crafty Creators Link Party. If you’re following me on social media, I’ll set up a feature on there over the next week. You can come by & grab your “I was featured” button any time!