This lilac lemonade very quickly became a favorite among my Instagram friends (if you don’t follow me on IG click here!) so I thought it deserved a permanent spot on the blog. Who knew lilacs were edible? If you love the smell of these beautiful purple flowers, try adding a few sprigs into your lemonade. It’s just the right amount of lilac.
- 5 lemons
- 2-3 sprigs of lilac Use more for a stronger floral flavor
- 1 cup granulated sugar Use more to make sweeter (can also use simple syrup)
- 5-6 cups water enough to fill your pitcher
- Fill a pitcher with ice
- Squeeze the juice of your lemons into the pitcher and add your wedges
- Fill with cold water
- Add your granulated sugar or simple syrup to sweeten
- Put in your sprigs of lilac and stir
- Let sit for 5-6 hours or longer for a stronger flavor
- You can remove the lilacs prior to serving (you may need to strain) or leave in as a garnish.
Add a splash of prosecco and serve with this summer burrata board for the most refreshing cocktail hour!
This is also perfect to serve at a brunch or tea party! And if you are having a tea party, check out these adorable DIY handmade tea bags! They’re so easy to make and will have your guests feeling very special.
For more refreshing drinks and cocktails check out
Rainbow Sangria // Cucumber Elderflower Margarita
Pineapple grapefruit paloma // My spicy watermelon margarita
Pin for later
TeenaMay 19, 2021 at 9:08 am
Hmm. looks delicious. will definitely try.
Andrea SpragueMay 24, 2021 at 1:26 pm
Now I am intrigued! I hadnt thought to add this to lemonade. Would be so pretty for a summer barbecue or Mother’s Day. I will give this a try!
DianeApril 27, 2022 at 6:24 am
This looks so delish!!! I’m happy to be featuring your lilac lemonade at this week’s Fabulous Friday Link Party. Thanks for linking up with us and sharing with all our followers!
NicolleApril 27, 2022 at 6:27 am
Ahhh thanks so much Diane! It’s a great drink for spring! Have a great week!