This spring vegetable goat cheese quiche is the perfect dish to serve for Mother’s Day or your next brunch. Serve with a side salad and some fruit.
For more Mother’s Day Brunch inspiration, be sure to scroll down and check out some of the other recipes from my blogger gal pals.
Spring vegetable goat cheese quiche
- 1 store bought refrigerated pie crust (I cheat and use a store bought crust to save on time but you can absolutely make your own if you wish)
- All purpose flour (for surface)
- 4 eggs (plus 1 more for the egg wash for crust)
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of roasted vegetables (I used asparagus, red peppers and red onions but you can use whatever you want or have leftover in the fridge)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper (I don’t measure, I just eyeball it)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out your pie crust onto a lightly floured surface. Transfer into a lightly greased tart pan or pie pan, pressing the edges. Bake according to directions on package and then let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Add in cheddar cheese, goat cheese, garlic powder, ground mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Once the crust has cooled and before pouring in your egg mixture, make an egg wash and lightly brush over the crust. This will prevent the crust from becoming soggy.
- Pour your egg mixture into the crust. If you have any additional veggies left over, sprinkle them on top.
- Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes or until center of the quiche is done (it will no longer be jiggly) and the edges of the crust are golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for about 15 minutes prior to serving.