I have been on a soup kick lately and this is one of my family’s favorites! Creamy tomato spinach tortellini soup is warm and comforting and perfect served with a big crusty piece of bread. Plus, I love the leftovers the next day for lunch! (Tip – for leftovers, add a little more broth as the pasta soaks up much of the liquid).
I never measure when I cook, so I tried my best to get you guys the correct measurements 🙂
Nicolle’s creamy tomato spinach tortellini soup
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 2 bags of frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- In a large pot, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil. Add garlic and onions, cooking down until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Add spinach and tortellini, stirring until combined. Reduce to a simmer until tortellini cooked through.
- Top with heavy cream and stir until combined. Season with salt, pepper, fresh basil and crushed red pepper.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
AllyFebruary 10, 2021 at 9:39 am
Yum! This looks delicious. I can’t wait to try making it 🙂
Diana | CozyHomeHacksFebruary 10, 2021 at 10:03 am
This looks delicious! I love tortellini, but I never thought to make soup with it! Interesting!
Carrie AnnFebruary 10, 2021 at 2:58 pm
This soup looks so delicious! I love how I have everything on hand to make this right now (except the heavy cream which I can’t have, but I bet coconut cream would make a good sub). Yum!!
IoanaFebruary 10, 2021 at 4:26 pm
Looks so delicious and inviting!