This post contains affiliate links
This strawberry cheesecake trifle recipe is a favorite in our house! Last week I took the boys strawberry picking. If you’re local, we went to Bowman Farms in Rexford. They had a great time and we used our fresh strawberries to make this strawberry cheesecake trifle for Father’s Day.
Trifle bowl desserts are perfect for entertaining as they’re so easy to make ahead of time and always looks so pretty! (If you don’t have a trifle bowl, I love this one on Amazon!)
I’m sharing my strawberry cheesecake trifle recipe below.
But first a cute pic of my M&M’s in the strawberry fields 🙂
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Recipe
For the cake layer
- cubed pound cake or angel food cake. (I love to use Sara Lee frozen pound cake. I usually buy 2 loaves and use 1 1/2 of them.)
For the cheesecake layer
- 16 oz of cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- another 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
For the strawberry layer
- 2 pounds of sliced strawberries (you can use fresh or frozen)
- Start by preparing your cheesecake layer. In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Add in the sour cream, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Layer the bottom of the trifle bowl with cubed pound cake or angel food cake.
- Spread a thick layer of the cheesecake mixture, covering all the cake.
- Next layer with sliced strawberries.
- Repeat another layer of cake and cheesecake.
- Top with sliced strawberries. (If not serving right away, wait to top with strawberries so that the juices don’t run.)
Cover and keep refrigerated until serving. Scoop into dessert bowls.
(If you’re making for Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day, I also like to add in blueberries for the red, white and blue theme!)
Pin this recipe for later
For more of our favorite recipes check out
Banana Split Apple Nachos
The best homemade banana bread
Chocolate chip peanut butter bars
hariJuly 6, 2020 at 9:32 am
wow! I love cakes in general!
and this one looks delicious!
I can feel it in my mouth!
thank you for sharing!
would you mind visiting mine?
https://gobigwithaffiliatemarketing.com/10-things-you-can-achieve-when-you-become-a-successful-affiliate-marketer/ thank you so much for considering!
April LouJuly 6, 2020 at 10:54 am
Looks appetizing, what more a real fruit in the cake that contributes the flavor. The harvester (babies) are very cute!!!
April LouJuly 6, 2020 at 11:02 am
Aside from easy to make you can bond with family while making the cheesecake trifle, look at those harvesters (babies). They are very cute!!!
AshleyJuly 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm
OMG, this looks absolutely amazing! I love strawberry cheesecake anything, and your trifle is so pretty! I may have to make it when my mom comes to visit in 3 weeks. Thanks for sharing!
Kiersten HickmanJuly 6, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Yumm this looks SO delish—perfect for summer!
Anna PriceJanuary 17, 2022 at 11:53 am
Wow! I can’t wait to make this! Your photos are great too!
NicolleJanuary 17, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Thank you so much Anna!
Claire JustineMay 29, 2022 at 3:37 am
This cheesecake trifle looks so good. I could just eat some for breakfast 🙂
PamJuly 7, 2022 at 8:25 am
Wow, this looks amazing. I’ll be featuring it at Thursday Favorite Things today. Thanks for sharing it at the party.
NicolleJuly 8, 2022 at 6:59 am
Ahh thanks so much Pam!!!
RondaSeptember 17, 2022 at 7:53 pm
Delicious!!! I made the dessert for a church function. Everyone loved it!!!
NicolleSeptember 18, 2022 at 6:25 am
Hi Ronda! I am so glad! It’s so easy too isn’t it? If you’re on Instagram I would love it if you shared a photo and tagged me @ourtiny_nest
Susan SikesApril 19, 2023 at 6:22 am
This looks delicious! I pinned it for later. Thanks for sharing!
NicolleApril 19, 2023 at 6:25 am
Thank you Susan! Enjoy! <3
JennaApril 19, 2023 at 8:11 am
Such a pretty dessert! So smart to use Sara Lee pound cake, I can’t wait to try this!
NicolleApril 19, 2023 at 8:15 am
Oh I could eat that Sara Lee pound cake frozen it’s so delicious!!!
LauraApril 21, 2023 at 11:15 am
Yum! This looks like the perfect springtime dessert! Can’t wait to try it!
Christy GApril 24, 2023 at 3:33 am
Yum. I love cheesecake. I’ll have to make this next week when I can go grocery shopping.
KerryanneApril 28, 2023 at 1:24 am
Nicolle, your little ones look so cute in the strawberry patch.
Thank you for sharing your recipe for strawberry cheesecake trifle at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I’m delighted to be featuring this post at tonight’s party and pinning too.