When life gives you snow you make ice cream right? It’s a nice way to treat yourself after breaking a sweat struggling to stuff your kids into their snowpants and jackets and arguing with them why they need a hat and gloves. All that work only for them to run outside and play for 5 minutes, you deserve something sweet. And I suppose the little ones like it too!
Using only 4 ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, this is the easiest recipe to make your own snow ice cream.
- Fresh snow (I used about 6 cups)
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- dash of Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of your non-snow ingredients. Throw in the fridge while you go gather your snow.
- Next, go outside and fill a large mixing bowl with snow. Your kids can help you with this part.
- Bring your snow inside and immediately stir into your mixture you made earlier. Keep adding more snow until you get a scoopable ice cream consistency. I used about 6 cups. (You may need more snow depending on how light it is)
- Scoop into dishes to serve or store in an air-tight container in your freezer for later. We prefer ours with sprinkles and in our PJs!
Pin this post for later
LeighannJanuary 20, 2019 at 7:44 pm
Yummy! I love an easy and fun recipe, it looks like your little one enjoyed it!
NicolleJanuary 20, 2019 at 8:10 pm
He loved it!!!
ClairJanuary 21, 2019 at 1:55 pm
Yumm! What a fun and yummy way to enjoy the snow!
ShannonDecember 4, 2019 at 11:10 am
How fun! What an easy treat to make with the kiddos after playing in the snow!
JustineDecember 23, 2019 at 8:16 am
So cool! I never would’ve thought of this!! Looks like a fun and tasty activity for the kids!
AdamDecember 23, 2019 at 8:43 am
This looks delicious!
Ann PapeDecember 23, 2019 at 10:31 am
This looks amazing! Will definitely have to give it a try,
MeredithDecember 23, 2019 at 8:04 pm
I’ve never heard of this. My kids will think it’s the best idea ever!