This post contains affiliate links
I’m so excited to FINALLY share with you guys the details of our Modern Farmhouse Master Bathroom update! (I had all intentions of getting this up sooner, but ya know, life.)
So when we first moved in to our new house, I loved that we had a master bath. It needed some work, but being that we just did a huge bathroom renovation at our previous home, and expecting a baby, we put it off.
One weekend after watching Marie Kondo, I was going through our house on a whirlwind. I mean I literally ripped through every room. I stepped into our bathroom, and well, one thing led to another. We (I say “we” but I mean “me) decided to do a quick little bathroom update for just under $200.
This is what it looked like before.
It wasn’t terrible, but it needed a little refresh.
- First thing I did was pull out this shelving unit over the toilet and paint. The color we chose was Sherwin Williams Passive Gray. I love this color because it has a nice cool tone to it. I wanted something very airy and clean looking with some touches of rustic/earthy elements to it for a modern farmhouse feel.
- Next, we painted the bathroom vanity. Our vanity takes up a great deal of space in our bathroom. To give the space a brighter look I decided to transform it by painting it white and then doing the hardware darker to give it some contrast. For the cabinets we used Rust-oleum cabinet transformations kit in pure white (we had some left over from our DIY distressed bedroom furniture we did in the fall).
- All of the hardware and light fixtures got spray painted with Rust-oleum universal advanced formula in Oil-Rubbed Bronze.
- Our shower is the main focal point of our bathroom. I desperately wanted to get rid of the glass shower door but because there was no tub, and we were just looking to do a quick weekend update, I left it. Instead, I put up a cute shower curtain to cover the glass door to dress it up a little.
- Next, I added some shelving. To decorate the shelves, I got some apothecary jars and baskets to help organize some of our personal items. I also found a cute little vintage sign and some greenery.
I love the way it came out and for a little under $200, it looks like a totally different space! Not bad for a weekend 😉
I’ve linked some of my bathroom faves below: