Could this breakfast BE any cuter? (Extra points if you said this in Chandler’s voice for all my Friends fans).
My guys love them some pancakes and this pancake cereal adds a fun little twist.
I’m sharing the easy recipe below.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- more melted butter to grease your pan or cooking spray
- optional – fruits and veggies (I try to sneak some in to every meal I can), chocolate chips, sprinkles, whipped cream.
1.) In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.
2.) Beat in eggs, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter until smooth.
3.) Add in some chopped fruits or veggies or chocolate chips. (I put in some chopped spinach and carrots and my kids didn’t even taste the difference – mom win!)
4.) In a large skillet, melt your butter or spray generously with cooking spray.
5.) Using a tablespoon, scoop little circles of batter into the pan (about half-dollar size).
6.) Once you start to see bubbles form on top of the pancake, flip, browning on each side.
7.) Remove from the skillet. Put in a bowl and serve with syrup, whipped cream or whatever you like. Our favorite version is with whipped cream and sprinkles!
Pin for later
Other recipes you may like
“Whipped coffee” or “Dalgona” is all the rage these days and the latest coffee trend. Obviously your homegirl and fellow coffee junkie had to whip one up for herself to give it a try and report back. Since you can’t go out to your local coffee joint and get your fave fancy drink, do yourself a favor and make one of these for yourself. It will instantly make your morning, afternoon or whatever a little bit brighter. Below I’m sharing my easy recipe for how to make whipped coffee.
Easy Whipped Coffee Recipe
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Milk (any kind)
- In a bowl whip together instant coffee (I used 2 packets of Folgers instant coffee), granulated sugar and water for about 5 minutes until mixture is thick and foamy.
- In a cup pour milk of your choice. (I chose almond milk)
- Add ice if you’d like an iced version.
- Using a spatula, scrape foamy coffee mixture out of the bowl and spoon on top.
- Gently stir to combine and enjoy!
I used the entire whipped coffee mixture to make 1 cup but if you don’t like a strong coffee, separate it into two batches.
If you happen to try the recipe be sure to leave a comment below or message me on Instagram and let me know how you liked it!
For more coffee recipes check out
Pin for later
This past week that I’ve been home I’ve found myself baking ALOT, anyone else? (STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS am I right?) Yesterday I was craving something sweet and gooey to comfort my soul. I can’t think of anything that’s more comforting than peanut butter and chocolate so I got to work. These chocolate chip peanut butter bars quickly became a family favorite in our house and you most likely have all of the ingredients on hand.
Chocolate chip peanut butter bars
- 2 sticks of salted butter
- 2/3 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps of vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 3 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease your baking dish (I used a 9×9).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Add in flour and baking soda mixing well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into your prepared baking dish.
- Dollop the peanut butter on top and swirl into the dough.
- Pour the remaining dough on top and spread evenly.
- Bake in oven for about 22-25 minutes (until you can insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean).
- Let cool before cutting.
I personally think these are best when they are warm and all melty in the middle with a nice cold glass of milk enjoyed by my lonesome curled up on the couch with a comfy blanket for all the feels.
If you do make these, be sure to leave a comment below and let me know how they came out!
Pin for later
For more comforting sweets check out my recipe for
This is such a cute idea to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your little ones. These lucky St. Patrick’s Day pancakes are fun, festive and magically delicious!
You will need:
- Pancake Mix
- Green food coloring
- Whipped Cream
- Marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal
1.) Go through a box of Lucky Charms cereal separating the marshmallows from the cereal. This is an easy way to have your kids help you and practice their sorting.
2.) Prepare your pancake mix as you normally do and add a few drops of green food coloring. I added 4 drops but you can add more if you want your pancakes to be a darker green.
3.) Make your pancakes and allow them to slightly cool.
4.) Top with whipped cream and the Lucky Charms marshmallows.
For more St. Patrick’s Day inspired recipes check out:
Pin for later