Starbucks recently released their new holiday beverage – the Irish Cream Cold Brew. Being a coffee junkie and lover of Irish Cream I obviously had to run out and try it. It is pure magic in a cup. Without the booze of course. However, at about $4.50 a cup, not so magical on the wallet. I’ve created my own Copycat Starbucks Irish Cream Cold Brew recipe so that you can make your own. And I’ve also included a boozy edition for when you want to be a little extra 😉
Copycat Starbucks Irish Cream Cold Brew
- 1 cup of cold coffee (I usually just make a cup, refrigerate for a bit and then add some ice)
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- cocoa powder (for dusting)
- First you’ll need to make your Irish Cream. (I made this ahead of time in a larger quantity and stored in the fridge in a mason jar). Mix together 1 3/4 cups of heavy whipping cream, 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp of almond extract. Stir together.
- Next make a cup of coffee, chill and then pour over ice.
- Add some of your Irish Cream to your coffee, as much as you want.
- In a bowl, add the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Whip or use an immersion blender until the mixture is frothy.
- Top your coffee with the cream foam and a dusting of cocoa powder.
To make my boozy adults only edition:
- Make a batch of my Homemade Irish Cream. (Recipe here)
- Pour into your iced coffee
- Sip and get happy 🙂
Pin for later
Any senoritas out there need a margarita? Then you’ve come to the right place! I love me a nice cold marg when I’m floating in the pool, out with the gal pals, on Mexican night or anytime to be honest. I love mine fresh, not too sweet and on the rocks. So since I’ve been following the keto diet, I had to come up with a recipe that was keto friendly. (If you haven’t heard of the keto diet, it’s an amazing lifestyle change where you consume a high fat, moderate protein, low carb diet – it’s seriously a gamechanger! I’ll share more about my experience another time.)
So anyways, back to the margs. This margarita combines the fresh summery flavors of cucumbers, grapefruit and lime. You bet I whipped up a whole pitcher and have it chilling in the fridge to enjoy on this Sunday Funday.
Here is my recipe for the best Skinny Cucumber Grapefruit Margarita
1 cup of silver tequila
2 cans of lime LaCroix
2 cans of grapefruit LaCroix
1 cucumber sliced
2 grapefruits sliced
2 limes sliced
Mint leaves (optional)
3 packets of stevia (optional)
pink himalayan salt (optional)
1.) In a blender, blend 3/4 of the sliced cucumber for a few seconds until liquified.
2.) In a large pitcher, combine the liquified cucumber, tequila and Lacroix.
3.) Squeeze the juice of grapefruit and limes into the mixture then toss the rest of the fruit and cucumbers into the pitcher.
4.) Stir in some chopped mint, 3 packets of Stevia and some ice.
5.) Rim your glass with some pink himalayan salt and pour!
(I love to put my glasses in the freezer for a little bit to get super chilled before pouring and serving).
If you try my recipe let me know how you liked it. And if you have your own skinny margarita recipe, remember sharing is caring 😉