Around Valentine’s Day we shower our significant others and our kids with love but it’s important to show yourself love too! And self love is important every day, not just Valentine’s Day. As women I think it’s natural for us to nurture others and so often we forget about numero uno – ourselves.
Here are 10 Ways to love yourself:
- Buy yourself flowers – when was the last time you bought yourself flowers just because? It’s an instant mood boost!
- Write yourself a love letter – What are some things you love about yourself? Write them all down whether it be on a list or in a journal. Read that to yourself every day.
- Treat yourself to a spa day – whether it’s going to an actual spa or giving yourself a few treatments at home. Make yourself feel pampered.
- Silence the inner critic – I think this is a hard one because naturally we are all so critical of ourselves. But it leads to feelings of shame. Instead, talk to yourself like you would talk to your friend. Would you tell your friend her thighs looked big? Probably not, so don’t say it to yourself. Love yourself in your current state for who you are.
- Find a passion project and pursue it – What sets your soul on fire? Do you love writing? Are you crafty? Find a hobby and practice it regularly.
- Treat your body well – nourish it with good foods and water. One of the things I frequently tell myself “you are not a garbage disposal”. I hate to see food go to waste and often my lunch looks like me leaning over the counter shoveling my kid’s leftovers in my mouth. Make yourself a nice nutritious meal, serve it on a nice plate or bowl and sit down and enjoy it, actually taste it. Move your body daily.
- Go inward – When was the last time you sat somewhere alone and in the quiet? It can be a pretty powerful thing. This is a good way to practice slowing down. Recognize what feelings come.
- Do your hair and makeup just because – Even if you’re not going anywhere. When you look good, you feel good!
- Take a nap – Give yourself time to recharge the batteries without any judgment.
- Shorten your “to-do” list – We all have lists a mile long of things we need to do. Instead, write down 3 “have-tos”, or things that must get done that day. Accomplish those and then give yourself grace and allow time for relaxation or fun.
What are some ways you show yourself love?
Pin for later