This week’s meals and recipes are below:
Brinner! Mom’s egg bake (recipe below) with roasted potatoes and fruit
Mom’s egg bake (I usually double the recipe to have leftovers for throughout the week)
- 8 eggs
- 1 envelope of Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 cups of shredded monterrey jack cheese
- 12 oz cottage cheese
- 1/2 red or green pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup of butter melted
- Beat eggs and salad dressing mix in a large bowl.
- Stir in cheese, cottage cheese and chopped peppers.
- Mix flour with baking powder. Stir flour mixture in with butter and incorporate into cheese mixture.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Paninis and soup (I don’t use any recipe. Our favorite paninis are mozzerella with roasted red peppers and pesto. And I serve with a quick tomato soup or my easy vegetable soup).