When life gives you snow you make ice cream right? It’s a nice way to treat yourself after breaking a sweat struggling to stuff your kids into their snowpants and jackets and arguing with them why they need a hat and gloves. All that work only for them to run outside and play for 5 minutes, you deserve something sweet. And I suppose the little ones like it too!
Using only 4 ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, this is the easiest recipe to make your own snow ice cream.
- Fresh snow (I used about 6 cups)
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- dash of Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of your non-snow ingredients. Throw in the fridge while you go gather your snow.
- Next, go outside and fill a large mixing bowl with snow. Your kids can help you with this part.
- Bring your snow inside and immediately stir into your mixture you made earlier. Keep adding more snow until you get a scoopable ice cream consistency. I used about 6 cups. (You may need more snow depending on how light it is)
- Scoop into dishes to serve or store in an air-tight container in your freezer for later. We prefer ours with sprinkles and in our PJs!